Sunday, January 21, 2018

December 5th, 2017- VENGEANCE ON THE SINK

Dear everyone,
Season's greetings! First and foremost all of you should participate in #Lighttheworld okay? Okay. Now that you've committed to that, I know your Christmas will be much better. Why let it just be another season where you get caught up in how busy you are and buying the right thing and waiting for snow to come when you can just make memories doing good things?
Secondly, we were driving down the road earlier this week at about 8:53 PM on our way home, and we say a naked guy running down the street. I said "Elder, that's a naked man," to which he responded with an unintelligible grunt thinking I was just saying something weird. I then said "Elder, that is a real life naked man," He was just running down the street, and he looked pretty scared so we assume he lost a bet or something. In any case, Kingston has got some weird stuff going on!
Beyond that odd situation, our bathroom sink has been clogged with gross hairy water since I got here a week ago. I don't know if many of you remember, but almost a year ago I also had a clogged kitchen sink. When I tried to fix that with a wire coat hanger I broke the pipe and flooded the kitchen. Well this time I thought I'd try it again, and I CONQUERED THE SINK! That sink drains good and proper now, and I feel pretty good about myself. Yet again I've been cleaning this filthy apartment bit by bit. I enjoy it too, and this hasn't been as bad as some others ha. 
Anyway, I've had a great week. As a little side thought: I want all of you to know that the leadership of this church sacrifices so much. Many of us may find it easy to complain about the things they do and even who they are, and forget there is a real person beyond what we see behind the pulpit. I hope all of us will remember and honor the sacrifices of our local leaders such as Bishops, Relief Society and Elder's Quorum Presidents, and also all of our church-wide leaders who almost literally work themselves to death for the Lord. I look back on my last few years before coming on my mission and I can see the little things the leadership in the church did for me specifically to ensure I would be ready to serve a mission, and I find myself really grateful for all they've done. I hope all of us can remember what they've done and express our gratitude for their service, which all too often goes without appreciation.
And speaking of appreciation, I appreciate all of you. Thank you for all you do.
Love,
Elder Callor










No comments:

Post a Comment