Sunday, January 21, 2018

December 18th, 2017- DINNER FOR TWO

Hello all!
So you may be wondering why this is coming really late today. I'm wondering the same thing.
So I don't have a lot of time because we've had a crazy CRAZY day.
Needless today a lot of you may also wonder about the weather here. It's been snowing a ton and it's really cold. Unlike last year, this year we are having a typical Canadian winter so all the cold and snow you imagine Canada would have, we're having it haha.
So earlier this week we had a baptism, I'll be sure to send pictures!
While doing our all-the-lessons-in-one lesson we were showing the young girl what baptism would be like and Elder Martin my companion was demonstrating with her foster father who is in the district presidency... well Elder Martin totally dropped the father right on the ground while dipping him! It was so hilarious. I was dying. He was so flustered and helped him back up but the rest of the lesson was just silly from that point. Luckily enough he still likes us and we actually left with a couch that day so win-win haha.
Some Elders were having some medical problems and ended up staying in Kingston all day waiting in the ER and didn't get to eat after breakfast until 9:30 pm, so we made them a beautiful spaghetti dinner and waited until they made it to our apartment to stay the night... once they got to our door we shut off the lights, started some dinner music and lit the candles. We served them like waiters and it was really funny haha.
Finally, last night we went to see a woman in the hospital who requested a blessing. From the looks of her condition one would think she has no reason to be happy, but she was the most cheerful old woman I've ever met. "Happiness is a choice" is certainly a lesson I learned from her. Well just as we were about to leave, she started to sing the song "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" from the Children's Songbook. We sang with her in the quiet of the hospital. In those darkened halls wet from snow on the floor with a woman so frail she was just about to blow away in the wind, we sang a song about God's love for us, and we fill that whole hospital with Heavenly light I haven't ever felt that strong. It was a very touching moment, one I will never forget.
I can't wait to here from all of you in a week, and I hope you all find ways to spread some light this Christmas.
Merry Christmas! I know Jesus lives, and I'm so happy to celebrate His birth.
Love,
Elder Callor





No comments:

Post a Comment