This is Elder Callor greeting all of you with 4 exclamation marks! Yes 4.
So to tell you a little about what's been going in my life...
I left at 10:00 am in Tuesday to drive to Kingston from Sudbury. We met the Elders in Bracebridge, and I got home in Kingston at 8:30 Pm. IT was a long day haha. The drive doesn't necessarily take that long, but between going the speed limit the whole way, stops for food and waiting for the other Elders it took a long time.
From there my first day in Kingston was spent cleaning a dirty basement that had recently been flooded with sewage, so that was disgusting haha. My poor companion had a box soaked in sewage accidentally thrown on his head so he had to take a shower after that. Needless to say I did to from the persistent stench we had on us. :P
Beyond that strange service we did, I forgot to mention last week that Kingston is the only District in our mission. So basically that means it's made up entirely of branches and not wards. It's funny though because as far as I can tell there are definitely more active members in the Kingston District than the Sudbury Stake haha. Of course they are all different and have different needs but it's just cool to see the differences.
I thought I'd be serving in a YSA branch, but there isn't one in Kingston. My area used to be a YSA area because the zone leaders only worked with YSA members/investigators because there is a college here, but we're all in a family branch so we just split up our work with the sisters.
Something else you might find funny. My MTC companion switched places with me to go to Sudbury, well I guess for some odd reason he had their forks put in a bag here. . . and they lost it. So we haven't had forks for a little while, but we're getting some so no worries there :)
Last of all there is a pretty famous penitentiary here, so we call it the King-pen of course :)
I went from a lot of snow and every day in the negatives to no snow and 10 degrees Celsius which was a weird transition haha. It was kind of sad because it felt like Christmas for a second but not anymore :/ I don't really mind, and it'll get better, but it felt like going back in time to late fall or something haha. It's interesting how much things change in an environment over a few hours of driving.
Anyway, that's all I have for now, but I am grateful to be here with my good friend Elder Martin whom I know from last year (and who also is from Farmington [ish] and is half Chinese) for Christmas, and I can't wait to see you on my call coming up this transfer!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment