Tuesday, July 11, 2017

May 29th, 2017-SON OF MAN

Hey everybody!
So the subject line for this email is "Son of Man" for two reasons. Number one, Jesus Christ often refers to Himself as the Son of Man and he is the reason I'm even out here, so that's important, never forget that. The second reason is that Tarzan has a song by the same name. Why mention Tarzan at all? BECAUSE I GOT TO SWING ON VINES THIS WEEK. We went to Chatham for our last Pday (on Tuesday because it was a holiday) and went on a little nature walk through some woods. It was really fun, and then got even more fun when we discovered that these random Canadian trees have vines for some reason! Being dumb 19 year-old's we decided to climb on them and swing on them. Knowing me and the monkey I am, I was flying around the forest like a maniac. I never thought I'd be swinging on vines in Canada haha. Anyway, the Chatham Elders took all the pictures so hopefully they will send them to me so I can forward them...
Next interesting thought: I don't know if I mentioned this before but no one in Canada, or specifically Ontario has dishwashers, or gas lawn mowers. Everyone washes dishes by hand. EVERYONE. Unless you're really rich. But NO ONE uses gas mowers. The most popular lawn mowers are electric, self propelled mowers. Why? I suppose they try to be environmentally friendly and don't like to push lawn mowers. I miss a good ol' gas mower. We've mowed quite a few lawns and tripping over a chord the whole way is not ideal in my opinion. Oh well, such is life.
Another funny story from probably about two weeks ago is that we were helping an elderly woman move out of her large house by clearing out her basement. It was a pretty big job, but her adult children were there overseeing things so it was a pretty routine show-up-and-help move sort of thing we run into as missionaries often. The difference here was we were asked to pick up an entertainment center from the guest bedroom downstairs that held the TV. No one had been down there in years probably, but anyway, I pulled out the bottom drawer so it wouldn't fall out while we hauled it upstairs, and then Elder Gutierrez my companion just started saying "Oh no, oh no, oh no!". Obviously a little confused, I look down and what do I see? A very very dirty magazine. So I did what any responsible missionary ought to do. We walked out the room, found a small garbage sack, and then threw that junk away. I have to say that is NOT what I was thinking I would find haha. 
Anyway, this week I've been studying the Spirit and how we can be worthy of His presence. Not only is that critical to missionary work, it's also critical to maintain as members of the church. Try and find a way to invite the Spirit more into your life, you won't regret it.
Love,
Elder Callor

















No comments:

Post a Comment