On a much different, random, and probably uninteresting note, I developed a phrase this week. I've started opening my window every night because it's been raining a lot, and I love waking up to cool air in the mornings. Often when I don't quite remember who I am, or where I'm at, the cool air comforts me and makes me feel like I'm somewhere I belong, somewhere I'm wanted, and it's a feeling that lingers with me throughout the day. Anyway, there are frogs out now, and we get to hear their passionate operas, and siren songs each night as we fall asleep. This got me thinking about frogs and their songs. They can really be quite loud! I digress. My story really is that one evening, I ended up picking up Q-tips on our bathroom floor that I dropped, and the toilet seat fell down and hit my head. I don't know if it had something to do with cold, bacterial porcelain crashing into my skull or not, but right at that point, the phrase "night frogs eat my dreams" came into my head. Now, Elder Callor, why is that relevant for a missionary email whatsoever? Well, skeptical person, it isn't. Hahaha. I just thought the phrase sounded funny. Now every night I tell Elder Gutierrez he better sleep under his pillow so the night frogs we hear won't eat our dreams. I feel like it's the sort of phrase I might say to my grand-kids if they tell me they don't remember their dreams. So, if you can't remember what you dreamed, it's probably because the night frogs ate your dreams. They aren't bad, really, they're more whimsical and fantastic. They just need dreams to munch on to survive. Luckily we dream a lot so they don't have to go hungry.
As you can tell, it's been a strange week as well, in a good sort of way. I've been thinking a lot about who I am and what that means to me, and I can't help but think about my Heavenly Father in the process. It did me a lot of good, and I know it will do great things for all of you, to think about how we are God's children and what that means to us specifically, and how our relationship with Him is currently. When was the last time you told Him how you were feeling? When was the last time you thought He cared about what you were feeling? I know He is ready and willing to listen to all that we have to share with Him because He cares for us just like a father would, and even more.
I love you all as well, and I want everyone to know even though it's been just a little over nine months, I've been so blessed to have constant and continued consideration and support, and really means the world to me to hear from all of you after all this time. Thank you.
Love,
Elder Callor
No comments:
Post a Comment